PDA

View Full Version : Vsr trigger problems

Raven
14th December 2013, 01:33 PM
One for the experts-

I've recently attempted to upgrade my tm vsr, with steel trigger and piston sears
However when I pull the trigger the rifle doesn't fire.

I have not attempted to upgrade the piston and spring yet.

Any ideas?

Fenboy
15th December 2013, 07:16 PM
I've not taken apart a standard TM trigger unit for some time but, I do have my old one lurking about and could take some pics to see if it looks the same (i.e. springs in right place etc).

So, it could be that:

It did not quite go back together correctly, spring jumped out of place or similar.
Something is fouling somewhere (new sears may have a burr or be slightly out of spec - unlikely though)
Needs a bit more lube ;)
Trigger needs adjusting to suit new sears.
Safety on? LOL
Something else?

Hopefully ASPUK will see your post and have some more answers for ya!

I'll try and have a look at my trigger mech in next day or two.

M

Raven
15th December 2013, 09:11 PM
it ok Fenboy i figured it out :D
the new steel piston sear is shorter and wider that the original TM one,
replaced the original sears and its working ok again,,,
now i just need to find a way to get to the spring on the VSR - everyone seems to just twist the end off but mine is machine pressed :(

Fenboy
15th December 2013, 10:06 PM
Cool.

The original TM cylinder head has a pin pressed in during manufacture to stop people upgrading them (the FPS rules are a lot stricter in Japan).

You need to carefully drill out that pin (with a pillar drill and machine vice if poss) and the cylinder will unscrew. Check YouTube/google for how to's.

M

Fenboy
15th December 2013, 10:10 PM
Have a look here, a bit crude but he did it!

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/VSR-Cylinder-Pin-Removal-t39751.html

Raven
16th December 2013, 04:50 PM
this is possibly one of the best guides I have ever seen

Dazz666
19th December 2013, 01:51 PM
replied to your questions on the ASPUK Section here on the forums. My initial thought is perhaps you've not filed inside the trigger?

Raven
19th December 2013, 06:09 PM
This issues seems to be the trigger seat rather than the casing but thanks for the advice