PDA

View Full Version : training weapons

GRISS
25th March 2014, 09:35 AM
hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has a training weapon? What is the performance like compared to AEG weapons?

I am looking at Celcius website and I am tempted but wanted to ask opinions?

This is what is tempting me http://www.s-t-t-s.com/27-weapon-packages plus th Celcius hop-ip upgrade http://www.s-t-t-s.com/31-s-t-t-s-mdd-hop-unit

your views would be appreciated.

Griss

Griff762
26th March 2014, 09:23 AM
If you're after a realistic rifle I would recommend looking at a GBBR. GHK have their M4 being released in the next month or so and it looks awesome!

Fenboy
26th March 2014, 09:26 AM
I once fired a Celcius TW that was reportedly worth/had spent over 1k on it. Sounded like a bag of spanners and my TM glock 17 pistol out ranged it!

EDIT: ^^^that was the only TW I've ever had my hands on and it was Sh*t IMO. I'm sure if you do some research (Like Dave mentions below) you'll find something awesome and worth the money. I guess it's down to budget at the end of the day and if spending over 500, 1000+ whatever, try before you buy!

GRISS
26th March 2014, 10:48 AM
That is very useful info. Thanks guys.

I guess I'll have to upgrade my M27. TONNYYYYYY are you up for it?

Mosfet, Neo Motor, perhaps Spring ( I get 320fps I would like 350), 11.1v Lipo. Also looking for a tighter grouping of shots.

Rgds

Griss.

Davie Meldrew
26th March 2014, 10:49 AM
Hi Griss, do some research on the main Airsoft forums(not this 1 thankfully)& you will see the amount of rows that take place discussing aeg vs training weapons

I own a couple of ptw's & in the right environment they are awesome, mil-sims, cqb or basically any game that runs semi only rules but on an ordinary skirmish running full auto spray and pray you will probably end up frustrated

There used to be a TW forum for users of all tw's ie ctw, dtw & ptw's but this went down last year sadly, but there were a lot of mixed reviews of both the ctw & dtw
Badgertac used to be a ctw dealer so maybe worth having a chat to them for an honest review think Bill owned at least 1, last time I looked the only uk dealer was JD Airsoft

Your welcome to have a look at mine & a blat down the range next time I'm at site, do plenty of research before parting with any cash

Couple of sites that may be of use

http://www.systema-ptw.com/forum/index.php

Also if on Facebook look up
systema ptw user group

Dave

GRISS
26th March 2014, 11:38 AM
Hi Griss, do some research on the main Airsoft forums(not this 1 thankfully)& you will see the amount of rows that take place discussing aeg vs training weapons

I own a couple of ptw's & in the right environment they are awesome, mil-sims, cqb or basically any game that runs semi only rules but on an ordinary skirmish running full auto spray and pray you will probably end up frustrated

There used to be a TW forum for users of all tw's ie ctw, dtw & ptw's but this went down last year sadly, but there were a lot of mixed reviews of both the ctw & dtw
Badgertac used to be a ctw dealer so maybe worth having a chat to them for an honest review think Bill owned at least 1, last time I looked the only uk dealer was JD Airsoft

Your welcome to have a look at mine & a blat down the range next time I'm at site, do plenty of research before parting with any cash

Couple of sites that may be of use

http://www.systema-ptw.com/forum/index.php

Also if on Facebook look up
systema ptw user group

Dave

Thanks Dave.

I did speak to JD Airsoft but the young lady I spoke to didn't exactly fill me with confidence.

shortboar
26th March 2014, 02:58 PM
Hi Griss

having fired and mess around with a few PTWs and one CTW this what i think if you get a PTW out of the box they are about as much use as a bad AEP but with a few mods done by some one who knows what they are doing.

all but one of the PTWs wher prity amazing one was utter crap the CTW had all the STTS mods and was also prity sweet.

the big bonuses of a good and well moded TW is its range acuracy and triger responce which is not far off that of a GBB whitch i must say can be fantastic.

some of the fetures of the TW can be replicated on a normal AEG with some cash and know how with the mosfet become more widly used and avalubul tight boar barrels there is a system that links hop to triger mosfet and counts BBs

i totaly agre with dave on the spray and pray days its bad enouf just runing 75 round mids on a day

i have been toying with getting one for a while but have now fallen in love with the TM recoils whitch i intend to mosfet as soon as they are avalubul.

hope that made sence in short they are very nice

Tony
26th March 2014, 09:22 PM
That is very useful info. Thanks guys.

I guess I'll have to upgrade my M27. TONNYYYYYY are you up for it?

Mosfet, Neo Motor, perhaps Spring ( I get 320fps I would like 350), 11.1v Lipo. Also looking for a tighter grouping of shots.

Rgds

Griss.

I'll help in any way I can :)

After all........ I only pass Guns on to the experts for Upgrades! :D