PDA

View Full Version : G&P M16A3 Issue

Brotherstern09
1st September 2014, 06:18 PM
recently received a G&P M16A3 with M203 and when I went to chrono it was double feeding and only reading 181 ish FPS with .25's does anyone have an idea as to why these two issues exist?

Indigobeast
1st September 2014, 06:42 PM
Could be the anti reversal latch in the gearbox my p90 behaved like that when the latch broke

Gadget
1st September 2014, 07:23 PM
Your first port of call should be the bucking... Damage would cause misfeeding and low power. Turn your hop all the way off and then roll a bb from the muzzle end... It'll probably roll right through... If not, I'd still check it's condition visually. Either way, without having it opened and looked at, it's your easiest replacement.

Brotherstern09
1st September 2014, 07:26 PM
ok thanks a lot

Brotherstern09
7th September 2014, 02:35 PM
would the madbull, ultimate 3 in 1 hop up chamber be a good replacement?

Gadget
7th September 2014, 04:29 PM
If you actually need a replacement... Their pretty universal... But I wouldn't have thought you would need to replace the hop unit... Unless it's actually broken somewhere... Did you check the bucking?

Brotherstern09
7th September 2014, 04:38 PM
how could I tell if the bucking is damaged?

Gadget
7th September 2014, 06:50 PM
Turn your hop all the way off and then roll a bb from the muzzle end... It'll probably roll right through... If not, I'd still check it's condition visually. Either way, without having it opened and looked at, it's your easiest replacement.

You will also be looking for just... Damage... Rips, tears, etc. But do the above first.

Brotherstern09
7th September 2014, 06:58 PM
The BB doesnt roll right through, but I can not see any damage

Gadget
7th September 2014, 08:04 PM
To be honest, there's very little you can do to diagnose something without seeing it... I would highly think the bucking is bad in some way... But obviously I can't see how it was sitting...

Not sure what else to suggest really... You need to get it into the hands of someone who knows what their doing...