PDA

View Full Version : First AEG help

Neemo
19th October 2015, 10:06 PM
Hello everyone. After coming down for my first game, and as expected instantly falling in love! i have been looking at buying my first rifle. I wanted to get hands on first and was fairly happy with the M4 i rented. I will be playing again this weekend if rain holds out and will try something else, but in the mean time i have been looking at the 'BO Dynamics Blow Back M4 Combat LT595 Carbine'

Just wondered if anyone has had any experience with them or if i would be better off going for Metal. I have seen some great reviews and not many negeatives but figured i would ask here as well.

Thanks in advance

Tony
19th October 2015, 11:52 PM
That's an unfamiliar weapon to me I'm afraid....

Let's hope someone here knows! :D

Neemo
20th October 2015, 07:01 AM
Did a few more hours reading and decided against an electric blowback, i liked the realism but it seems quite a solid opinion that its just one more thing that can break ! So im back to square one hah. And dont get me started on battery confusion

linkstu
20th October 2015, 11:10 AM
Hello there.
I can highly recommend the G&G CM18 mod1 (MK18) its very solid gun all round from my expirience i had mine for over a year now with a few modded parts and for a AEG its awesome i will be purchasing a gbb in the near future but as i say G&G Cm18 mod1 = solid gun for the price :)
i hope that helps a little bit

Neemo
21st October 2015, 09:12 AM
Very interested in the ICS SG-552 MRS DE now. To be different, had trouble finding any bad reviews. Do most airsoft rifles have the same rail size for attachments?

DarthNinjabadger
21st October 2015, 11:34 AM
Hi Neemo, yup the rails on 90% of the rifles you see are all standard widths. There are a few gotchas out there but if you're sticking within the M4 radius you'll usually find they are the same.

Neemo
22nd October 2015, 04:01 PM
Really quite set on the ICS SG552, hopefully i can get hands on one this weekend.

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/ICS-SG-552-MRS-DE-AEG_A186XP.aspx#.VikHe36rSM8

Struggling to find a bad word on this rifle, and its just bout within my price range for first rifle :P

Anyone used this

curlyboy
22nd October 2015, 07:02 PM
There is a nice review of the ICS SIG in the current issue of Airsoft International magazine and they seem to like it as well, never owned one but fired a couple and they seem quite solid.

Obviously being your first gun you will have little compatibility with other guns for mags so get a spare luckily ICS give you two mags with most of their guns so that will be a big plus.

Curlyboy

Neemo
22nd October 2015, 08:06 PM
Thanks Curly I will have to check it out as well, must have watched every youtube review I could find and a handful of written ones too. It sounds like a solid gun to start with, and I have to be different! Everyone says go M4 so I cant now :):)

Timpers
25th October 2015, 10:30 PM
This is my kind of post.
So for starters I currently have a BO Dynamics M4 Lt595 in 2 bits because of the adaptive blowback. Basically good idea that you have diverted away as this is a small bit of metal that can easily break. The non blowback however maybe very good.

Secondly, I have an ICS SIg551 MRS LB that, yes I have had a couple of problems with but that is because of where I had bought it from and they are now all resolved. I would recommend an ICS Sig over the G&G to anyone who wants to avoid the M4/AK RIFs as they come with 2 mags and feel great.

If you are not bothered by what you get and you just want something to run into the field with the I would say any of the G&G CM range any ICS especially the M4 models as they are split gearboxes and make maintenance fantastic. Cyma make great bod standard gearboxes. Finally if you don't have a price range TM do some lovely Recoils.

Hope this helps and if it does and want more give me a shout, happy to help.
KR
Joe

Neemo
26th October 2015, 04:09 PM
Now i'm getting some hours in i am also tempted to a run a sniper/sidearm combo. Anyone have any experience using a bolt action rifle + a small SMG as sidearm? or is it too much to carry, i would like to be able to be aggressive when needed and still have that rate of fire.

Timpers
26th October 2015, 05:17 PM
Check out Bodge up airsoft on YouTube. He's the guy you want to talk to as he runs a sniper+mp7+pistol. Some good videos as well

Neemo
26th October 2015, 05:32 PM
Noticed your post as i was looking at mp7 holster options! I have seen some of his videos but not really seem him use a sidearm. I will ave to look.

Timpers
27th October 2015, 07:48 AM
It is rare for him to use it whilst he snipes and all I have seen is it hanging from him on a sling.
I also carry an Mp7 and have no holster for it but there ones out there for it that are catered to Mp5 and Mp9.

Neemo
27th October 2015, 11:10 AM
Only problem now is i have to go through the research of a sniper rifle and pistol now! think i will leave the subby for now. Looking back at my games any contacts i had that would be too close for a rifle will be more than takn care of with a pistol anyway. Any Rifle tips :)

Liam
1st November 2015, 04:42 PM
my brother has a BO Dynamics Blow Back M4 Combat LT595 Carbine. but the Tan one.. its very good sounds sweet as well

Neemo
1st November 2015, 07:12 PM
Dont want to keep making new posts so i will ask more questions here. Also looking at the Cybergun Scar-L , but all the reviews i find say Cybergun/gandg ... is it made by gandg and sold by cybergun? very confused :)

Timpers
2nd November 2015, 08:47 PM
Hi Neemo,
Picking the right gun is not an easy task.
I personally would recommend any of G&G's Combat Machine platform as I believe they are the perfect gun to start with and are a nice low price for AEGs. Nice simple internals that are easy to replace but they can last quite as while with basic maintenance and externals are robust and can take a hell of a beating.
CYMA, Classic Army, King Arms, Cybergun and D-Boys RIFs all seem to be good go to starter guns as well.
The problem you will find is that it will mostly be 50/50 on what is recommended as some will say they have had their RIF for years and never changed a thing whilst others will say that the same gun is naff and they had problems from day one.
A friend bought a D-Boys Scar L and had non-stop issues with the hopup unit so bought a BO Dynamics Tan Combat M4 LT595 with blowback like Liam's brother, this gun is very nice externally and internally brilliant as all are high quality Lonex bits however the blowback version I wouldn't recommend one as it is a bit of a gimic and on this particular gun the blowback broke on the first day of use.

Overall Neemo I suggest to take a small amount of time to go to an airsoft shop, hold some and see what feels comfortable and have a little shoot if they have a target range then look at the price and this works for AEG, Gas and Springers.

Hope this all helps.
Joe