PDA

View Full Version : Com's Site 3 29th July Feedback Thread!

Tony
30th July 2012, 11:06 AM
Hello all!

2nd Battle at Chipping Warden Com's Site 3.

Well, we had another fantastic day at Chipping Warden! From a Marshal point of view I was very impressed with the quality of play, honesty, attitude and overall quality of players that graced us with their presence.

Simply - Thank you.

We had "The Birthday Girls" (and one fella!) that were completely new to Airsoft. Kitted out with full rental gear that took to the sport in no time and were shooting out guys that have been playing for years! That's what I love about Airsoft! They all got stuck in - let out a few screams too!!
Well done girls - hope to see you again very soon!

I really could sit here all day and type away about how amazing certain players were on the day - but you know who you are and I know I talk to much anyway, so I'll just shut up and get to the point of this thread!

Remember - here it R.I.F.T. its all about the player - you guys.....

We love feedback - On the day I had a chat with one particular very good veteran player and he suggested a few things;

We had feedback on Red Dead Zone needing a clearer run through - the 10 second head start seemed to work well and I'll keep that in play....
"Rubber Knife Kills" will now be "tweaked" to ensure Role Play of Rubber Knife owners are rewarded.

Please let us know what your experience was on the day and we will work hard to make it better wherever we can!

Thank you all for coming to visit us at R.I.F.T. - hope to see you all very soon!

So..... what did you like ? What didn't you like......? Any suggestions........?

Simon
30th July 2012, 11:31 AM
My favourite moment of the day was reds all killing each other without a blue in sight! :D

dom of doom101
30th July 2012, 11:42 AM
My favorite part of the day was using the g&g gbb :D need some really heavy bbs for them tho .. thort the play was amazing still nothing has changed there .. um i found it hard to snipe there but i blame that on my self not the site .... marshals thank you they / you made the day run really well getting some good pics and treating every one like a friend .. got some feed back from oliver saying that the site was so friendly making him feel very welcome .. one thing i love about this group ... over all ill give the site a (8) needs a little more space around red zone .. safe zone i give a (10) theres everything u need and want food drink shelter and proper loos :D only things i can say to inprove food needs longer to cook and differnt games :D

Tony
30th July 2012, 12:34 PM
Nice Pic of You and Casey Dom :)

We hope to have all the pics up either tonight or tomorrow! :D

LivingLegend
30th July 2012, 12:50 PM
My favourite moment was when I actually managed to hit someone!

Seriously though, I think the site is excellent, a great mix of woodland and CQB. Fighting around the main building in the centre is so much fun:)

I would agree aith Dom on one point, I also think the 'RED' respawn point needs a bit of clearing, it is a bit harder to get going from there than the other one. Apart from that, everything else was superb. The marshalling was second to none, the food was great, and choice of food was really good too.

I really enjoy coming to RIFT, to both sites, as it's set-up and run so professionally. I also spoke to a few of the new faces, and they all seemed to agree that it was a fantastic set-up, and the attitude of the players and marshalls was superb.

Thanks to Tony, Hazel and all the crew for making it another day to remember.

Benott18
30th July 2012, 02:40 PM
I MISSED IT :'( WHAHHHHH. glad to hear everyone had a good day though R.I.F.T RULES!!!!!

Faste72
30th July 2012, 05:22 PM
Fantastic day, great game scenarios. Thanks to Tony, Hazel and all the marshalls :)

Dave Game
30th July 2012, 06:49 PM
Brilliant day again, ive got more bruises then i can count so thats about 8 or 9, good fun though i actually used the pool during the game, it came in very handy taking a couple of blues out, leaving them confused :p. . . over all good day, and the smoke from the bonfire had a nice affect when assualting the house :). . . a little upset my gun didnt make it through the first game :(, but good old tony had a back up gun and i was straight back in the game to one man the house (best part of my day XD)

sambuka753canavan
30th July 2012, 08:19 PM
Excellent first time experience, all the staff very friendly and helpful throught the day, food was spot on and very good value for money. Even though it was the first time I played, the area outside red zone needs to be utilized more maybe cleared and add some sort of building or tower, most of the game play appeared to be focused on the house area and other great settings like bunkers were not in use as much as i thought they could be. 10 out of 10 though and will be back with more new poople as have passed the word around for a great value for money day out.

Lisa (Booge)
30th July 2012, 08:47 PM
Had a really good day! :) Me and JoJo even made up a song for Rift.. Here comes the masterpiece :D

I don't know what I've been told...
RIFT airsoft is the way to go!
Marching through the mud and trees...
We are here at Com's site 3!
Sound off.. 1.2 sound off..34
Sound off 1234.. 34!

Solider's charging through the gate..
Tony's armoury will await!
Red and Blue will meet out there..
Let's just hope they're prepared!!

I don't know what I've been told...
The RIFT girls are as good as gold!
Our enemies are sure to know...
We have Tank and Rambo!
Sound off..12 sound off..34
Sound off 1234.. 34!!!

We always call it when we're hit..
Raise your weapon - shout medic!
Blending in with the trees,
The Marshals won't even see!!
Sound off..........

Tony
30th July 2012, 08:50 PM
Erm.... great song there Lisa....and Jo..... I think .... :p

Well done !

*cough*

:D

jorox1
30th July 2012, 09:57 PM
Ermmm tony, it's not great, it's amazing!!! :) alot of time and effort went into it!! :). Ps thanks for the awesome day!! Xx

Simon
31st July 2012, 07:09 AM
Erm.... great song there Lisa....and Jo..... I think .... :p

Well done !

*cough*

And this is what happens when you are stood on a gate for too long! :D

KarlosX
31st July 2012, 08:23 PM
Lisa and jo to do karioke in front of the group at the next game then! Well done girls good little ditty.

Tony
31st July 2012, 08:59 PM
Lisa and jo to do karioke in front of the group at the next game then! Well done girls good little ditty.

I second that!

Tank
1st August 2012, 09:25 AM
Sweet, I am now in a song. So is this the com site 3 theme tune from now on. What about our other site?

Tank
1st August 2012, 04:47 PM
Had a brilliant day, good to see lots of new faces. My favourite moment of the day was my grenade kill, what a buzz. The marshals where top notch and there was some fair calls and the food was excellent.... again.
Looking forward to the next game.

The only down side was the extra time to get out of the Red Safe zone as mentioned by other players, but the 15second head start on the last game evened things out.

Topcat
1st August 2012, 08:12 PM
For me, being a marshall, Meeting new players and watching them evolve into hardened players,
This weekend was no different...we had a vast mixture of people from nubes to hardcore.
Loved every minute of it....'o' an Ricky, Jordan.....Nice throw guy's...

GBBR_man
2nd August 2012, 10:46 AM
I seem to finaly be up and running here so thank you. First of all it was my first time at a RIFt site and the marshalls and players where all very welcoming, it is nice to see so much freindly banter going on. If you cant work out who i am, i was the nutter carrying the GBB M14 EBR.

Positives:
1. As i said how freindly everyone one.
2. There was no snobbish attitude towards the rentals which i see time and time again at other sites and it does annoy me because how is the sport supposed to grow if we put people off.
3. Hit taking. 99% of the time it was spot on, thats again better than alot of sites.
4. 8mm shooting guns are allowed, it gives me a reason to dig out the weird and the wonderfull of my collection.
5. The House. I loved the set up there and its nice to see its clean and not full of rubbish or worse (i do know a site where the building is used by the local unsavourys and its not always cleaned out)

Now the negatives.
1. I agree about red respawn point.
2. I do feel anyone carrying a gun over 350 fps should carry a side arm and there realy should be a minimum engagement distance. I know so far you dont see many snipers on site but better to nip this in the bud now than have to deal with a bigger problem later.
3. What happened with the MG nest? Was there ever a MG in there?
4. Can we just have it pointed out as a reminder in the safety breif that there are people only using single shot because it doesnt hurt to remind people. Im not saying its happened but im tired as a sniper of shooting someone for them to look around and not see me and carry on.

Is there a link to the photos?

Simon
2nd August 2012, 10:58 AM
Is there a link to the photos?

Check a little way down the front page mate :)

Tony
2nd August 2012, 04:30 PM
Hello GBBR_man!

Thank you for coming on Sunday - it was a pleasure to see you in action!!

Some very nice comments you have made - much appreciated.

Just a few replies and comments to compliment your points :)

Now the negatives.
*Fixed by adding a 10-15 second head start - this worked really well*
2. I do feel anyone carrying a gun over 350 fps should carry a side arm and there realy should be a minimum engagement distance. I know so far you dont see many snipers on site but better to nip this in the bud now than have to deal with a bigger problem later.
*20 metre engagement is the R.I.F.T. Rule for over 350fps weapons - I'm sure I mentioned this in the briefing?*
*There are 2 Brick MG nests. They are there for Support Gunners to use and for future game scenario's. I provide an RPK at our Cambridge Site that lives in the MG Nest there - I plan to do similar here too* :)
4. Can we just have it pointed out as a reminder in the safety breif that there are people only using single shot because it doesnt hurt to remind people. Im not saying its happened but im tired as a sniper of shooting someone for them to look around and not see me and carry on.[/QUOTE]
*Absolutely - In the brief I asked everyone this question; Can You Feel Anything Hitting You Right Now? ...NO ? WHY ? Because no one is shooting you! So.... In GAME If you feel a "tap" - guess what that is ?? YUP - 99% A hit! I mentioned it does not matter how hard it hits you... I do remember mentioning Snipers*:)

Thanks for you thoughts - I wouldn't say they were "negatives" but certainly points to remember.

You played with exceptional skill and we really hope you will grace us with your presence at the next game weekend on the 26th-27th August :)

Thank you, Tony.

p.s. link to pics from front page;

http://riftairsoft.com/album.php?albumid=15

LivingLegend
2nd August 2012, 07:30 PM
I have to admit that the head start from the Red start point did help, evened things out a bit.

GBBR_man
2nd August 2012, 08:01 PM
Hello GBBR_man!

Thank you for coming on Sunday - it was a pleasure to see you in action!!

Some very nice comments you have made - much appreciated.

Just a few replies and comments to compliment your points :)

Now the negatives.
*Fixed by adding a 10-15 second head start - this worked really well*
*20 metre engagement is the R.I.F.T. Rule for over 350fps weapons - I'm sure I mentioned this in the briefing?*
*There are 2 Brick MG nests. They are there for Support Gunners to use and for future game scenario's. I provide an RPK at our Cambridge Site that lives in the MG Nest there - I plan to do similar here too* :)
4. Can we just have it pointed out as a reminder in the safety breif that there are people only using single shot because it doesnt hurt to remind people. Im not saying its happened but im tired as a sniper of shooting someone for them to look around and not see me and carry on.
*Absolutely - In the brief I asked everyone this question; Can You Feel Anything Hitting You Right Now? ...NO ? WHY ? Because no one is shooting you! So.... In GAME If you feel a "tap" - guess what that is ?? YUP - 99% A hit! I mentioned it does not matter how hard it hits you... I do remember mentioning Snipers*:)

Thanks for you thoughts - I wouldn't say they were "negatives" but certainly points to remember.

You played with exceptional skill and we really hope you will grace us with your presence at the next game weekend on the 26th-27th August :)

Thank you, Tony.

p.s. link to pics from front page;

http://riftairsoft.com/album.php?albumid=15[/QUOTE]

Tony,
Thank you for taking your time to reply and you proberably did mention those points in safety breifs. I dont remember hearing anything about minimum engagement distance but i could easily have forgotten. As a sniper i always carry a side arm (or two sometimes) but it does annoy me to see other snipers who dont.

Unfortinatly i cant make it the next weekend as i am doing a weekender elsewhere so maybe the next one after that. I might bring out another crazy gbb.

Tony
2nd August 2012, 08:35 PM
Thanks GBBR_man :)

Your GBB EBR was the envy of many I spoke to ! :D

GBBR_man
2nd August 2012, 09:42 PM
Thanks GBBR_man :)

Your GBB EBR was the envy of many I spoke to ! :D

I do hear that alot. I might bring out some of the other toys from my stable to.

Tank
3rd August 2012, 07:01 AM
It was nice to see a gbb ebr, I never seem to see any other ebr's apart from mine.

GBBR_man
3rd August 2012, 11:16 AM
It was nice to see a gbb ebr, I never seem to see any other ebr's apart from mine.

I dont see that many EBR's around the lat 3 i have seen have all been the hideous KART thing and before that one Classic Army.