PDA

View Full Version : Battle Report; 12th August.

Tony
13th August 2012, 08:39 AM
The 12th was a very different day of Airsoft than we usually have!

It was a rahter hot/humid day - Cottenham Training Ground is very overgrown!

With such dense cover I witnessed the most Marshal deaths ever ! I must have been hit over 40 times easily!

The cover also made it confusing for general hit taking - resulting in players that already had been hit - waiting for a medic - being hit again :(

Blue Team came out fighting from the word go - grabbing the objective in the warm up and defending really well in the MG Nest Game. Reds attacked hard on the MG nest and eventually overran it! Unfortunately Blues dug in hard and made it impossible for Reds to get the next objectives! Well done BlUES!

It was the Reds turn to defend the MG Nest - they really dug in well but the might of the Blues came down on them and took the nest!
We had to stop at this point for an "issue" with a huge combine harvester that needed access.
Anyway, quickly resolved we got back into the action with the MG Nest still blown.
Blues put the pressure on and got all 3 objectives!
Sneaky Reds changed tactics and made a massive push up to Blues Base - this made all the objectives captured by Blues void as Blues did not have control of their Base!
Well done REDS!
This game was fantastic - a great display of Teamwork on both sides! Well done :D

King of the Tower was next on the agenda. This game has proven to be the favorite for many here at Cottenham Training ground. However, it was a crazy game and things went a little...... pear shaped!
It started of with the opinion that Reds would need an extra few seconds head start due to the amount of overgrowth they had to get through compared to Blues.
As we all know - here at R.I.F.T. we like to listen to the Players and change things where needed! So.... we gave Reds 3-4 Seconds head start! WRONG! hehe...
Reds were all over the Tower in no time! So - we ran the game again immediately and both teams almost got to the Tower at the same time.
Admittedly Reds did have some VERY fast runners on their Team! Reds held the Tower from the start and Blues pushed up to take it from them. Soon though Blues fell back to their Dead Zone as Reds put the pressure on. Reds took advantage of the territory they had control in and pushed Blues further and further back - so far back that Blues had trouble leaving the area in front of their spawn :(
Reds were NOT shooting into the actual Spawn but made it very hard for Blues to make ground.... Reds had almost the whole site in their control!!!
This has never happened before! The Marshals we there to make sure no spawn killing was going on - there is a fine line between spawn killing and the tactical advantage of suppressing the enemy to keep them back! Blues managed to break out and press on to the Tower and I witnessed a few fantastic runs at the Tower before it all went quiet.... very quiet....
A few Blues had dropped out and the Whistle blew for Total Victory to REDS!

Team Death Match finished the day off well and Blues were the Last Team Standing with the most players!
Well done Blues!

Overall - Reds and Blues won 2 Games each! DRAW!

So another Hot, Stinging, Painful day of Airsoft but we love it !

Please remember though - R.I.F.T. is all about YOU! We try so hard to make it fun and fair - however if you have ideas - always let us know!

In future - Do we put boundaries in play ? OR Should a Team be rewarded for making so much ground that they earn the right to be able to suppress the enemy back so much ?

Thanks to everyone who came :)

We hope you had a good day and welcome you all back for another firefight!

p.s. Pics up soon!

SneakyPete-UK
13th August 2012, 09:00 AM
My first time at a R.I.F.T event and what a very entertaining day it was I was truly nickered at the end of the day.
Sniped in the morning and it was lovely to see people taking their hits first warm-up game I hanged back got 5 long shots and everyone put their hand up and that puts a smile on a snipers face :) thanks to you guys.
Rest of the day went with my trusty G36, Machine Gun nest went Blue teams way defending and capturing I couldn’t be leave how quickly they took it. The KingOfTheTower game was the best for me, I was picking Blues off at one point it was like swatting flies ;-) and for the first time I run out of ammo 7 mid caps 840 rounds that’s a lot of one second bursts and got to be the most I’ve ever used in one game.

Nice to meet you Tank and awesome pistol mate just sorry I didn’t get to use the TM Extreme on you out in the field :(

FenBoy good to meet you too mate as I’ve seen all your vid’s on the Tube and now actually meet the YouTube start know as “FenBoy”

I would say it was lovely to see the girls playing (it was) but after getting shot in the face by one (no names but she had blond hair!) wait till next time young lady.

R.I.F.T Staff thank you for a great day.

Fenboy
13th August 2012, 09:16 AM
Ha ha, nice to meet you too Pete, but not your BB's!!! LOL

Fenboy
13th August 2012, 09:22 AM
Oh, from what I saw, Tony's report pretty much summed up the day for me! Blues owned the AM and Red's the PM...

The only part which was confusing to me was when Red's had the Blue's base surrounded (in the 2nd MG nest game).

There were so many players (and BB's flying around...) in one area, people were alive, awaiting medic, being medic'd, dead, it was difficult to know what to shoot at!

But, still a great day for me;)

SneakyPete-UK
13th August 2012, 09:24 AM
The 12 was a very different day of Airsoft than we usually have!

It was a rahter hot/humid day - Cottenham Training Ground is very overgrown!

With such dense cover I witnessed the most Marshal deaths ever ! I must have been hit over 40 times easily!

The cover also made it confusing for general hit taking - resulting in players that already had been hit - waiting for a medic - being hit again :(

Blue Team came out fighting from the word go - grabbing the objective in the warm up and defending really well in the MG Nest Game. Reds attacked hard on the MG nest and eventually overran it! Unfortunately Blues dug in hard and made it impossible for Reds to get the next objectives! Well done BlUES!

It was the Reds turn to defend the MG Nest - they really dug in well but the might of the Blues came down on them and took the nest!
We had to stop at this point for an "issue" with a huge combine harvester that needed access.
Anyway, quickly resolved we got back into the action with the MG Nest still blown.
Blues put the pressure on and got all 3 objectives!
Sneaky Reds changed tactics and made a massive push up to Blues Base - this made all the objectives captured by Blues void as Blues did not have control of their Base!
Well done REDS!
This game was fantastic - a great display of Teamwork on both sides! Well done :D

King of the Tower was next on the agenda. This game has proven to be the favorite for many here at Cottenham Training ground. However, it was a crazy game and things went a little...... pear shaped!
It started of with the opinion that Reds would need an extra few seconds head start due to the amount of overgrowth they had to get through compared to Blues.
As we all know - here at R.I.F.T. we like to listen to the Players and change things where needed! So.... we gave Reds 3-4 Seconds head start! WRONG! hehe...
Reds were all over the Tower in no time! So - we ran the game again immediately and both teams almost got to the Tower at the same time.
Admittedly Reds did have some VERY fast runners on their Team! Reds held the Tower from the start and Blues pushed up to take it from them. Soon though Blues fell back to their Dead Zone as Reds put the pressure on. Reds took advantage of the territory they had control in and pushed Blues further and further back - so far back that Blues had trouble leaving the area in front of their spawn :(
Reds were NOT shooting into the actual Spawn but made it very hard for Blues to make ground.... Reds had almost the whole site in their control!!!
This has never happened before! The Marshals we there to make sure no spawn killing was going on - there is a fine line between spawn killing and the tactical advantage of suppressing the enemy to keep them back! Blues managed to break out and press on to the Tower and I witnessed a few fantastic runs at the Tower before it all went quiet.... very quiet....
A few Blues had dropped out and the Whistle blew for Total Victory to REDS!

Team Death Match finished the day off well and Blues were the Last Team Standing with the most players!
Well done Blues!

Overall - Reds and Blues won 2 Games each! DRAW!

So another Hot, Stinging, Painful day of Airsoft but we love it !

Please remember though - R.I.F.T. is all about YOU! We try so hard to make it fun and fair - however if you have ideas - always let us know!

In future - Do we put boundaries in play ? OR Should a Team be rewarded for making so much ground that they earn the right to be able to suppress the enemy back so much ?

Thanks to everyone who came :)

We hope you had a good day and welcome you all back for another firefight!

p.s. Pics up soon!

Tony as to your comments above about Kill Of The Tower and Spawn Area;

I was one of five reds that your talking about and that quickly went down to three reds blues taking them out as they came out of the trees. I was behind two young lads holding off the blues I managed to get to the corner of the tree line so no way would I of said I was too close to their respawn point and did ask the marshall on two occasions if I was alright in this position, just to get there was very painfull! and the Marshal's reply was yes.

If at that point the marshall had said please move back your to close or to keep the game going of course I would of moved and if this was the only down side to the day I sure next time a Marshall can all ways have the last word and ask us to move.

Steve (Marshal)
13th August 2012, 09:37 AM
Some great team work again guys and saw some nice kill streaks right from the beginning.

There was a few cottenham first tho... Such as a few people saying about dead zones being fired on and having to move all the cars.. But still a great day and enjoyed watching you shoot the hell outta each other :)

Steve (Marshall)

Ducey
13th August 2012, 10:38 AM
they did push us on the tower game back to our base. but i gave them a Surprise at the tower hahaha :)

Tony
13th August 2012, 10:59 AM
SneakyPete - Reds did exceptionally well in pushing Blues further and further back - Never seen before in the King of The Tower Scenario!
At no point were Reds "Spawnkilling" - Reds were directing fire on the outside boundary in front of the Spawn.
Blues Spawn has 3 Exits; One to the left towards the main track, another Up the Middle and another off to the right up along the fence boundary....
Reds had all 3 covered!
So... Blues found it extremely hard to exit all the way out - except for a few Blues who did manage to sneak out and get up towards the Tower :D

Ducey surprised everyone (including us Marshall's) and popped up out of nowhere and took out lots of Reds in the Tower !!

Sadly, he was on his own and got taken out :( Imagine if Blues had backed him up!

Some Blues gave up early....

I will look at Boundaries for this Scenario for future Gameplay. After all, the Focus should be on the Tower and not Spawn areas!

But - in warfare - Tactics win! :D

Ducey
13th August 2012, 11:06 AM
took me 20 minutes to crawl up to the tower unnoticed from the word go! few people even walked past me haha :)

Carlos
13th August 2012, 02:47 PM
Awesome day and awesome battle report.

As for the king of the tower game, I do think that successful teams should be able to suppress the opposing team providing they don't shoot the enemy as they come out of the dead zone. The problem only comes up when the losing team cannot leave their spawn zone(which is definitely not fair).

I think it's only fair to gain advantage if a team splits up tactically. At one point during that game myself and Rambo decided to flank the enemy and pick some of the enemy off to stop the constant flow of enemies laying down fire on the tower. Unfortunately it seems that some Blues felt as if they were being fired upon into their dead zone.

I actually think that this problem came up because the site is pretty overgrown. In the winter months you're not necessarily tied in with having to take a certain path out of your safe zone. Yesterday players were limited in the exits they could take and so they felt that by the time they reached a proper path outside of the vegetation (which was a while away from their safe zone), they felt they were being fired upon unfairly. This could be fixed by having a few more exit paths out of the safe zone i guess but even then i'm not sure it'd work :P

Either way I enjoyed the game and the day as a whole!

Dan
13th August 2012, 03:00 PM
Or do what I did Carlos, forge my own path. Sadly THROUGH the nettles and brambles...but hey, who said this game has no pain?!

Tank
13th August 2012, 03:46 PM
Tonys battle report pretty much covers the day, There was some amazing kills and some extreme changes of fire. Well done reds for capturing Blues base.

We will meet again Sneaky and a pistol battle will commence.

Also I can vouch that Rambo and Carlos were not spawn killing as I had snuck up behind the woodchip pile and had the drop on them ( Both kills :D )

Rambo
13th August 2012, 03:53 PM
Also I can vouch that Rambo and Carlos were not spawn killing as I had snuck up behind the woodchip pile and had the drop on them ( Both kills :D )

You didn't get drop on us, we thought you might like to get a couple of kills ;)

Carlos
13th August 2012, 03:57 PM
That's what more of your team should've done Ricky XD then your team could've taken back the small shed woodland and cut back in for the tower :P Unfortunately everyone on your team seemed to want to go straight to the tower >.<

I agree Dan, I'm sure that will have taught you to wear long sleeves for the future though eh!? ;] i'm glad I was wearing long sleeves for the second half of the day. Allows you to get stuck in a lot more and allows you to forget about the thorns and stinging nettles around you!

Tank
13th August 2012, 04:47 PM
It will be a wooden spoon kill next time Rambo :D

dwinter
13th August 2012, 06:28 PM
I had a good day. I was part of the blue team and during the tower game, I was part of the original group who did put fire down on the reds coming through the woodland.

Later in the game, we did come under fire after leaving the re-spawn point but with other players I was able to move past that and move up the field. Saying that however, I do feel that boundaries are not neccisarily the answer. If one team is being put under so much suppressing fire they cannot leave the re-spawn point at all without taking hits then either the marshals should move the opposing team back slightly or (preferably) the hit-taking team should find an alternative exit although due to the undergrowth this wasn`t possibly in yesterdays game.

At the end of the day, this is a game and if one team is completly suppressed without any chance of moving forward to the objective of the game then can we say it is a fun game for anyone?

This was my first day at playing at Cotterham and I really enjoyed the high growth and dense woodland but I`m used to playing in terrain like this and it suits more the way I play. I know it did cause a few incidents but these didn`t seem to have lasting effects (other than above). All the games were well run by the marshalls and the qaulity of team work on both teams was fantastic. Sadly, I won`t be back until September but I`m looking forward to it already.

Rambo
13th August 2012, 07:15 PM
It will be a wooden spoon kill next time Rambo :D

If you can sneak up on me I shall gladly accept the wooden spoon of death!

knix
13th August 2012, 08:35 PM
For whoever shot me in the face.. I will have my revenge!! >:) haha, i didnt see you and i was in the tower! Great play! Just goes to show how challenging the day was with the grass so high! It was brilliant! It added a great twist that you just could not plan, you could get so close it was almost like the pistol shotty day! really made getting kills that bit more satisfying :) all in all another great game day at cottenham!

Tony
13th August 2012, 09:30 PM
Rambo - its where Ricky plans to stick his spoon of death that worries me !

:o

Darren - good feedback, thank you :)

Topcat
14th August 2012, 07:31 PM
If you can sneak up on me I shall gladly accept the wooden spoon of death!

I remember getting that close ...... o for a wooden spoon, instead of a triple barrel shotty....lol

Lewbear
14th August 2012, 10:05 PM
Still covered in bites, scratches, full of aches and I'm pretty sure I have parts of the field imbedded in my hands!!

BUT!

A great day as always!! Amazed at how thick and grown the whole site was!! But I have to say greatly enjoyed the whole day :D

I must add too, whoever shot me in the ear... Thanks! Still hurts!! ;)

Tony
15th August 2012, 12:26 AM
Pictures are now up!

http://riftairsoft.com/album.php?albumid=16

Enjoy :)

Fenboy
15th August 2012, 09:14 AM
Great pics!!

SneakyPete-UK
15th August 2012, 10:30 AM
Second that, great pics and a nice feature. :cool:
Thanks for taking the time to take the pictures and uploading them.