PDA

View Full Version : Guns

Kaiser
30th August 2012, 12:37 PM
I've had a problem choosing an appropriate airsoft weapon, I would like to purchase a sniper rifle but as I'm 14 I have to wear the mesh mask, then I thought about battle rifles and semi auto assault rifles what does everyone think?!??!

dom of doom101
30th August 2012, 02:14 PM
how long have u been playing airsoft for ? if under 3 year i would say dont try and snipe ... trust me its more fun running at people .... if ur mind set on sniping try somthing like an m14 or m16 long guns are great for longer shots ... and last thing u dont have to wear mesh full face there are other types u can buy :)

will sum this up with airsoft guns arnt cheep to get a good sniper rifle ur looking at 500 maybe more
there are cheep ones like tanks but they wont range out as fair .. im not saying there bad coz there not they are great for what you pay but bigger sites means longer shots .. also adding u need a side arm and not a aeg i mean like a glcok or something small u can carry in a holster ... if your new to the sport and just want to try it out .. best thing i can say to you is a g&g sports like + tight bore barrel + madbull blue hop rubber = a great gun for around 200 depending on what one u buy

Kaiser
30th August 2012, 03:11 PM
This is my first time airsofting, but I am sure I want to undertake it as a hobby type thing, I was thinking a m14, and I already have a sidearm a small mk5k aeg

dom of doom101
30th August 2012, 03:22 PM
have u never played before ? if not try an m4 .. i no its not sniping but ur have more fun at lest for a few time :) i no tony have a sniper for rent so u could try that ... also i wouldnt get your self a gun till u have tryed it :)

Kaiser
30th August 2012, 04:10 PM
Haha, ive got a full metal sub gun but it's black does that mean I'm not allowed it, and I'm looking at full metal aeg's from air rattle and it sys lots of them are over the 350 fps limit do you think that's true because they're only like 230 dollars which is 150 quid, btw shood I be gettin full metal guns because everyone else seems to look metal?!?!

Kaiser
30th August 2012, 04:13 PM
And btw I'm sure I'm gunna be doin this as much as possible I've been looking fornsomething other than paint balling for a long time, paintballs cost too much!!

Kaiser
30th August 2012, 04:17 PM
Sorry for another post, I think I should get a age first and leave it about a year be4 I start sniping...

dom of doom101
30th August 2012, 04:18 PM
if u have a black gun that is ok yes .. there are lots of crappy storys about the ukara but what ever tony says goes at his sites ... metal guns are better and price dosnt efect fps ... guns can be easly down graded :) i would massively say try and have a look on www.proairsoftsupplys.com they do every g&g gun under the sun :) they will make sure ur gun can be used from box .. plus there techs are great :)

all guns can be worked on there are tones and tones of things u can do to ur gun scopes to differnt hop rubbers ... airsoft is a sport that is 50% playing and 50% talking every one that plays will be able to help u with something or other ... also look at shops in the uk :P it might be more money but they will get to your house

Kaiser
30th August 2012, 04:27 PM
Thanks mate hopefully I will see you at next game or something, well I won't be able to make the 23 rd 1 I in Italy....

Topcat
30th August 2012, 08:53 PM
As Dom said Tony has an awesome little sniper for hire....give it a go..then you can make your mind up properly.
Sniping isn't for everybody. Best way to play airsoft is in different roles, Assault (cqb), or defensive, you will find your place that best suits you. Everyone will help you along the way...:)

Kaiser
30th August 2012, 11:43 PM
Thanks mate, it's acc like u have your own little family goin on, 1 question does the rift thing have like competitive matches against other like teams or clubs or whatever their called?

DOA_Draven
31st August 2012, 09:26 AM
Kaiser - firstly welcome to airsoft, once hooked, you will never be able to let go :)

Since your are just starting out, I also would recommend giving all styles of play a go, and see then what suits you best. This is what I did 8 years ago, before settling into the sniper role. On that note I will say, being an effective airsoft sniper is more about fieldcraft, than a long range rifle. Each to thier own of course, but I like to think I am an effective sniper, though I use only an AEG at 300fps.

Either way, play fair, play hard and have fun.

Kaiser
31st August 2012, 11:25 AM
I kind of get you about the sniper thing haha, and yeh I think I'll settle with a AEG until next birthday lol

Kaiser
31st August 2012, 11:26 AM
But I would like to try out Tonys sniper for a game or 2 :p

DOA_Draven
31st August 2012, 02:30 PM
You will never know unless you try :)

dom of doom101
31st August 2012, 04:07 PM
snipers in airsoft as well as the real world dont have to have bolt actions or long guns ... snipers / marks men are just good shots .. in airsoft long range in like 80 meters not a mile ... aegs are great for everything .... im most happy running around with my glock best 95 i ever spent tbh .. every one here at rift is happy and friendly apart from tony hes small and grump ... i joke hes ones of the kindest men u will meet and we as a site like to help and new people find there place in the airsoft comuity .... just like topcat he only started playing airsoft just over 2 years ago and is now one of the vips at rift .. and i only meet this bunch around a year ago .. and have had some of the best airsoft with them

Baddbaz
14th September 2012, 08:53 PM
If you are starting out a sniper is not a good idea !! As said before go for something long barrelled and light !! An m14 is a lump of a gun to run around with all day !!
An m16 / m4 or long ak 47 is a better bet
Any gun with a bit of work can nearly hit long sniper ranges , it's the hop / barrel and consistency of the fps that makes a gun ,, not fps
Have seen mp5 guns with 60 meter range , and more
That will outrange out of the box snipers
To build a decent accurate and reliable sniper gun you are looking at 450 quid plus
Yes you can get cheaper ones out of the box , but they don't last long before something breaks

dom of doom101
15th September 2012, 05:48 PM
no no .... no yes short guns can shot 60m but not in a tight spread .... my glock shots 80m but thats coz im a good with it ... if u wona snipe try a long gun m16 wll work uses m4 mags and every one has an m4 ........... and sniping isnt about range .. its about hiting some one every singal time over and over ... its true u will have to spend so much money getting it to be good ..... if u want to ask people that know about this talk to the people down pro airsoft suplys ........ high lighting this dont go to wolf amourys they no nothing about anything aaaaaaannnnnnyyyyttttttthhhhiiiinnnngggggggg......