PDA

View Full Version : GASS & The MISFITS Visit to R.I.F.T.'s Com's Site 3 (Pictures are now up!)

Tony
18th September 2012, 10:30 AM
Hi all!

GASS & The MISFITS made a visit to Com's 3 on Saturday the 15th September.

It was a real pleasure to meet a group of friendly, professional and honest players - with the sole intent to test our Com's Site 3 and work hard to win the objectives set by Coley!

Well, they certainly did just that!

From a Marshal point of view - I felt a little left out! These guys know exactly what to do, when to do it and Coley had it all planned out!
Terry, Hazel, Mari and I were just there to help the day run smoothly :)

I won't bash on about how great it was to watch these guys in action - I'll let the pics to that for me!

Nice to meet everyone that came - some real "characters" amongst them :D

Please post feedback guys !

To view ALBUM 1 click HERE (http://riftairsoft.com/album.php?albumid=18)

To view ALBUM 2 click HERE (http://riftairsoft.com/album.php?albumid=19)

Doc
18th September 2012, 01:50 PM
Some nice pics there Tony, thanks for taking and posting them.
It really is a very photogenic site isn't it, and it's just crying out for guys in WWII kit to be out there!
Wish we'd all turned out in our Fallschy kit now...would have been sweltering though.

Tony
18th September 2012, 02:01 PM
Being part of the WWII scene for over 12 years - my dream would be to have a full blown Authentic WWII Airsoft Battle at Com's 3. Its hard to convert some hard core Re-enactors to Airsoft - they really don't realize what they are missing.

I'm sure in time my dream will come true ! (I'll bring my 1943 Kubelwagen up there too!!!) :D

Gru
18th September 2012, 05:23 PM
Once Again Tony, to you, Terry, Hazel and Mari For making us feel welcome. On behalf of of myself, John, Alex and Curtiss, many thanks for the loan of the site and facilities AND BIG THANKS also To Coley and the boys from GASS for organising the games and the invite to join them for the Day... cheers lads MUCH APPRECIATED!..
I have now passed on my recommendations to the rest Of the MISFITS and I can tell you there is some real interest to come over and skirmish with and against RIFT VIPS.
The site has some real hotspots and I can see that whatever you decide to improve upon in the future will be a bonus for sure.

Rob.

Doc
18th September 2012, 06:59 PM
...have a full blown Authentic WWII Airsoft Battle at Com's 3...
Not quite big enough for a 'proper' WWII event maybe, but I think it would be ideal for a 'Training Day'.

I'll volunteer to man an MG in one of the nests, and/or in one of the buildings, as soon as I get this finished...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v93/docv400/?action=view&current=MG42a.jpg

LivingLegend
18th September 2012, 08:37 PM
I'd be up for a WW2 event, I've got a Tommy gun....I'm also looking at getting a BAR at some point!!

Tony
18th September 2012, 09:23 PM
Nice MG42 there Doc :)

I had the pleasure of using one last week for a BBC Documentary - I was the MG Gunner on the Normandy Invasion Scenes :D

Bloody thing jammed up all the time though.... then again, there were never really intended to fire blanks!

Matt 47
20th September 2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks for a great day at ur site . Loved the site . And great people there .

Doc
21st September 2012, 03:08 PM
Nice MG42 there Doc :)...

Should be once it's finished, even though it's only an electric one.

I've basically gutted it (it was built a few years ago for Josh at Gunman), and redone all the internals, and some of the externals.
If you want to create a 'Technical' thread section sometime, I'll post details of the rebuild.