PDA

View Full Version : Magazines

tkmarti
11th November 2012, 03:15 PM
Hi there
Magazines. Not the colourful informative , full of useful tips and Columns but the kind you stick in your weapon and lug around your load out !

As per my Hullo thread, I'm fairly new to all this malarkey and ended up with several hi cap ( shock horror ) lonex flash mags which I find very very good.

I'm aware ( now ) of the slight stigma that hi caps can attract but I'm not one of those spray and pray. Admittedly I like to put some fire down but I also like to move and single shot as well but that's what I like when I'm playing the game my way.

Mids or lows are great also and can give that realistic feel and all well and good with that.

What do people think about this and should I hang my head in shame ? ;)

( thanks to an article in this months AA for prompting this discussion. )

Pip pip.
Don.

Tony
11th November 2012, 04:38 PM
Hey Don.

The idea at R.I.f.T. is simple - Enjoy Airsoft the way YOU want to play it....

So, for example, a player that has 6 Hi-Caps and every addon he can buy can come along and use it without being restricted in any way.
A player that likes to limit the amount of ammo, grenades etc to "simulate" a more realistic loadout can also do this - knowing full well that his enemy may have far more ammo than him...

We allow all kinds of weapons in site - as long as they always fall within the UK FPS limits....

So, really, its up to YOU!

There is no spray and prey as we are very strict on 2 second bursts only.

We are primarily a Skirmish Site - full on action all day but like to enjoy a stealthier approach with our Pistol/Shotgun and Sniper Days!

:)

tkmarti
11th November 2012, 05:59 PM
*phew*. That's refreshing to hear. I had visions of people shouting out ( in life of Brian style )

'He's not an Airsofter, he's a very naughty boy'

I can relax. :)

Andrew.m1971
11th November 2012, 06:16 PM
*phew*. That's refreshing to hear. I had visions of people shouting out ( in life of Brian style )

I myself like Hicaps and even bigger capacity mags, But as people also know although I'm not into just spraying its just I'm lazy and can't be bothered to change / reload lol.

dom of doom101
11th November 2012, 07:15 PM
i run 1 high cap and 3 mids .. alowing me to no make to much sounds but when the poo hits the fan i have a high cap to put in and go to town on who ever is shoting at me

Topcat
11th November 2012, 07:20 PM
VFC PDW 5 midcaps(no rattle when you run) 1 Hi-cap just to "let em have it"...lol

LivingLegend
11th November 2012, 08:16 PM
I usually carry 6 hi-caps but I rarely use more than 2! I like using mids sometimes, makes less noise and adds a bit of 'realism' if you like.

GarfyB
11th November 2012, 09:10 PM
As the guys have already said, it's down to personal preference. Personally I prefer mid-caps, but there are times when I go out with two hi-caps in belt mounted mag pouch.

Also, if you think about it, it probably takes the same amount of time to give a hi-cap mag a good wind, as it is to do a Speed Reload (or Tactical Reload) with a mid-cap or a low-cap, which means hi-caps, mid-caps and low-caps are much of a muchness.

Each to their own. :)

Rambo
11th November 2012, 09:29 PM
I run round with 6 high caps, filled to the brim to stop them rattling. Give them a shake at safe zone/respawn to see how much noise they make, then put a couple extra BBs in to deaden the noise :) once they're almost empty and rattling too much I either make a mad dash at the enemy so i get hit or change mags and tip the rattlers out

SneakyPete-UK
11th November 2012, 10:02 PM

Hi Tkmarti

R.i.f.t is all about personal choice, I love midcaps and changing mags in the middle of a fire fight I now have 4 pairs 8 in total just to try and keep up with the likes of Tank :-)

Use want ever you are happy with, come along and have some fun.

Fenboy
12th November 2012, 08:11 AM
With my M4, I usually have 10x 75 round midcaps. I like mag changing :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/472530_4185680247035_1325283595_o.jpg