PDA

View Full Version : noob question.. help?

aishooter
5th December 2012, 12:11 AM
Still new to airsoft (ish) need a little help with range.. maybe pro airsoft?? Will purchasing a new slightly hige power spring help a lill on range ? Im using stock ics sportsline. Lucky as its perfect out the box. Never had issues part from now out ranged at rift. Im around 320/330 fps.

Please any help be thankfull for an maybe bit tech on game day so i can learn the techy bit. Bit different from my paintball gun tech days.

Thanking ya'll

dom of doom101
5th December 2012, 12:51 AM
hey mate one thing you will lear is fps dosnt really matter .. ics are a great make but they like g&g sports line lake are tight bore barrels they are 6.08 from box thats not tight ... u can try a simple tight bore costing u around 25 to 50 depending on make another thing u can do it change the hop rubber if u dont minde shoping around try a madbul blue or a a+ studio rubber :D hope this helps

aishooter
5th December 2012, 03:25 AM
Cheers bro. Few things to consider. I shall have a browse an see whats about. The only down side to my ics is anything over .20 has a tendancy to jam :/ which i think a little wierd but that i think could be a hop issue? O the joys of learning.
Again cheers dom . :)

dom of doom101
5th December 2012, 11:11 AM
yeah that will be the hop rubber :) dw most ics guns do it ...

also a great thing to do is ceep the barrel clean spray it and us some j cloth get all the crap and gunk out of it will ceep the gun more consistent :)

but also remember range isnt everything :) make the gun work for you :) i like haveing a good rate of fire so when i get stuck in i can hold my own

GarfyB
6th December 2012, 06:50 AM
Aishooter, something to consider before you upgrade your spring is that if you do change to a tight bore barrel the fps may go up a little (5-10fps).

Lastly, I've got guns running at 349fps, which are being out-ranged by other guns of mine running at 320fps. I'd take a gun with a good, well set up hop and running at 320fps over a gun that running at 350fps and not set up effectively, any day. .....having said that, there's nothing like a well set up gun running at the max fps!

Garfy.

Topcat
6th December 2012, 07:41 PM
Still new to airsoft (ish) need a little help with range.. maybe pro airsoft?? Will purchasing a new slightly hige power spring help a lill on range ? Im using stock ics sportsline. Lucky as its perfect out the box. Never had issues part from now out ranged at rift. Im around 320/330 fps.

Please any help be thankfull for an maybe bit tech on game day so i can learn the techy bit. Bit different from my paintball gun tech days.

Thanking ya'll

Hey Tony,
We've seen an MP5 out range an M14 EBR....

dom of doom101
6th December 2012, 08:38 PM
if it was rickys ebr its coz its not the best make in the world

casey had a ics m4 .. all we did to that was add a 6.01 tight bore a madbul blue hop rubber and a piece of biro tube as the hop nub .. went from 40m to 60m range and the grouping as epic ... but what get the most amount of range is a good air seal .. thats why tm guns shot alot further then most others and ceeps a low fps

aishooter
8th December 2012, 08:16 AM
They say a 6.01 mm is a bit tight? Was thinking a 6.03 to tighten things up a little without risking a stoppage . Been lucky thus far with my ics m4 seem shoot too well out the box without any tinkering. Just fancy a little tweek . Make it mine so to speak. And an mp5 out ranging a "long gun" wow. Think i have loads to learn :) its all good.
Cheers fellas :)

Steve (Marshal)
8th December 2012, 08:13 PM
Dom that ebr is the nuts :) i dont know much about the different makes but that one is pretty special !! I've seen some awesome shots with that over the years !!

My pdw only fires at 320 ish.... And Is the absolute dogs b******* !!!

A lot of the new gen 2 g&g come with a 6.03 tight bore and a awesome hop unit as standard for 229 ish.
I think these are the way forward and the guys at pro will do you a good job with finding what's perfect for you :)

LivingLegend
8th December 2012, 08:19 PM
I'd agree with Steve about G&G guns, they're bloody good:) I've got a 'Chewie Custom' HK416 and it's superb, hits 60m easily and very accurately! And it's only doing around 320 FPS on the lowest setting. On the highest it's almost 450!

As for the 'EBR debate', Tank's EBR was very good from what I saw of it. Some Ares guns can be a bit 'iffy', I had a SCAR which was ok, didn't use it much to be honest. But Dom was just voicing his opinion, each to his own and all that:)

EDIT: And Dom is right about TM guns, usually fire around 300FPS but accurate and very consistent. At least my TM M14 SOCOM is anyway....