PDA

View Full Version : GoPro Technical Advice

GarfyB
9th February 2013, 08:25 AM
I've dabbled with the GoPro for a couple of years and never really took it seriously or got to grips with all the settings.

I now have the GoPro Hero 3 Black as well as a GoPro Hero 1 and wondered what settings other people use and why?

Also, I've just started using Sony Vegas 11 (64bit) and find I very complicated, but useful. What editing software do you use, if any?

Please share all your advice and tips.

Garfy.

clay
9th February 2013, 08:19 PM
I used to film in 1080p but then I heard that they down grade 1080p on youtube for streaming reasons so I now just use 720p, uses less memory so more game footage, battery seams to last longer as well for some reason.

thats all I can say as I'm still tinkering with mine. think its just a case of finding what works best for you

I use Adobe or imovie depends on my mood

Fenboy
10th February 2013, 10:14 AM
Mainly for the same reasons as Adam, I usually film in 720p/25 FPS as it uses less juice, takes up less memory, quicker to edit and upload but, still great quality for Internet vids. I used to be able to watch/edit one video by the time another uploaded but, now I have Fibre Broadband, I cannot keep up :p (uploaded 500 MB in 12 mins the other day.....).

Anyway, I use SONY Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11 for editing. Picked it up for 25 in a sale and it does more than I need it to. As most of my YT footage is pretty much full game videos (with boring bits cut out - I probably could cut more out but, I don't have the time) I just use the basic editing tools, add text etc, an intro/outro.

As I add more/new things in Vegas to my vids, I save it as a project so that I can cut n paste stuff into new videos easily (I have two Vegas sessions open at the same time).

Matt