PDA

View Full Version : British Airsoft Show Feedback Thread!

Tony
11th February 2013, 08:10 PM
Hi all!

Well, what can I say!

I would firstly like to thank the guys from Pro (Griff & Nev) for the heads up to contact the guys at the BAF as they had spaces left for us to display and promote R.I.F.T. Airsoft!

Hazel, Terry, Steve and I were all ready to leave sunny Stevenage by 06:45am on Saturday. We arrived at a very busy Stoneleigh Park by 08:20 and were shown to our parking by one of the Marshals.
After entering the large "shed" where the Airsoft displays were, we quickly found the R.I.F.T. Airsoft designated display area! Before unloading could commence I quickly ran round to say good morning to the guys at Pro Airsoft and everyone else I recognized! :p
(I do like a chat!)

45 mins later and the display was looking very nice! Massive thanks to Steve Canavan for all the printing! :D

Then the fun began..... within no time at all our stall was very busy!! We had lots of interest from new players, vets, real steel users and old friends!
I met the guys from Airsoft International, Airsoft Action, Josh from Gunman and my old mate Ratty from long way back & Matt popped in from Target One.
I did 3 video interviews and we gave out 100's of flyers and business cards.
I was very proud to see R.I.F.T. Members and everyone looked happy!

I would like to thank Terry, Hazel and Steve for their dedication and help. Terry was simply on fire! He was really spot on and described everything we do perfectly! Bexy and Deanna from the Scream Team came up to help on Sunday. They did a walk around for us to make sure we had all the corners covered!

I did hear reports that some people had a long wait to get into the show.....

Personally it was a huge success! The show was simply fantastic! We were all overwhelmed by the huge support we had from everyone who passed our display! We had 8 New Members sign up and R.I.F.T. has secured a few new accounts for cheaper batteries and gas!

Ohh... I also got a new TOY!!! :D :D

So.... how did you enjoy the show!

P.S. Marky - You started this!!! LoL!!!

GBBR_man
11th February 2013, 08:16 PM
You mean there was no MG42?

Tony
11th February 2013, 08:20 PM
You mean there was no MG42?

Sadly.... no......:mad:

Hazel
11th February 2013, 08:34 PM
Yes it was a great weekend....cold but great!
Met lots of new faces and caught up with familiar ones too,
Thanks to all that came and said hello! :) lovely to get to see all at Pro Airsoft again!
Huge thanks to our fantastic Terry and Steve, couldn't have done it without u, .....and did have some laughs! ;)
Thanks to scream team gallys!!!
See you all soon!!!

Tank
11th February 2013, 08:35 PM
There was a mini gun tho

Bexy
11th February 2013, 08:36 PM
Hi all!

Well, what can I say!

I would firstly like to thank the guys from Pro (Griff & Nev) for the heads up to contact the guys at the BAF as they had spaces left for us to display and promote R.I.F.T. Airsoft!

Hazel, Terry, Steve and I were all ready to leave sunny Stevenage by 06:45am on Saturday. We arrived at a very busy Stoneleigh Park by 08:20 and were shown to our parking by one of the Marshals.
After entering the large "shed" where the Airsoft displays were, we quickly found the R.I.F.T. Airsoft designated display area! Before unloading could commence I quickly ran round to say good morning to the guys at Pro Airsoft and everyone else I recognized! :p
(I do like a chat!)

45 mins later and the display was looking very nice! Massive thanks to Steve Canavan for all the printing! :D

Then the fun began..... within no time at all our stall was very busy!! We had lots of interest from new players, vets, real steel users and old friends!
I met the guys from Airsoft International, Airsoft Action, Josh from Gunman and my old mate Ratty from long way back & Matt popped in from Target One.
I did 3 video interviews and we gave out 100's of flyers and business cards.
I was very proud to see R.I.F.T. Members and everyone looked happy!

I would like to thank Terry, Hazel and Steve for their dedication and help. Terry was simply on fire! He was really spot on and described everything we do perfectly! Bexy and Deanna from the Scream Team came up to help on Sunday. They did a walk around for us to make sure we had all the corners covered!

I did hear reports that some people had a long wait to get into the show.....

Personally it was a huge success! The show was simply fantastic! We were all overwhelmed by the huge support we had from everyone who passed our display! We had 8 New Members sign up and R.I.F.T. has secured a few new accounts for cheaper batteries and gas!

So.... how did you enjoy the show!

P.S. Marky - You started this!!! LoL!!!

Bexy bought a lovely new gun (finally!) love my new toy :) thanks to the expertise of mr rift :) awesome weekend were going to see lots of lovely new faces soon! Congrats tony we definitely had the best stall by far! And me and Deanna blew those just bb girls out of the park!! Can't wait for the 17th! Xx

Tank
11th February 2013, 08:44 PM
The show was awesome, the stall was superb and i could have eaasily gone bankrupt. I got a new charger ( thanks tony for the discount) a new mask so watch out for some cqb from me

Tony
11th February 2013, 08:46 PM
I hear that Terry and Steve shared a room together......

Hmmm..... they did look very comfortable in that double bed! LoL :p

clay
11th February 2013, 08:59 PM
it was a good day got a wie bit concerned on the way down when I started driving into snow and seeing it on the ground, but once there OMG the real steal guns talk about a drool fest :D.

the airsoft part when finally found it was great trying to recognise everyone with out there gear on was interesting, and getting to play with all them potential new toys (TM GBB MP7 & the G&G M14 EBR)

Not to forget the posh country tottie OMFG!!!!!!!! I said to mark at one point "you get in there and your sorted for life" lol among other things obviously the excitement brought out my slight naughty side ;)

Fenboy
11th February 2013, 09:01 PM
The queue to get in the car park on Saturday was horrendous! It took us about two hours to do the last two miles :-/

But, once we got in it only took a couple of mins to pay and then we waded through the sea of tweed to find the airsoft area!

We were greeted by Hazel and the R.I.F.T stand looked great. It was busy everytime I passed (we will get that chat in one day Tony - maybe a non airsoft event....? ;) LOL).

There were loads of nice guns on display/to pick up and play with and I came away with one item on my shopping list, a rubber bayonet (despite the fact I found it 5 cheaper later on in the day.....grrrr!)

I was expecting to see tactical gear stalls there but, alas, there were none :(

Despite that, it was still an enjoyable day and topped off by a very funny session of Black Ops 2 with Sneaky Pete and Mr Ordish! Mega LOLs!

M

See you Sunday!!!! :p

Tony
11th February 2013, 09:18 PM
Not to forget the posh country tottie OMFG!!!!!!!! I said to mark at one point "you get in there and your sorted for life" lol among other things obviously the excitement brought out my slight naughty side ;)

LoL! You make me laugh!
However....... you may be onto something there! :p

(we will get that chat in one day Tony - maybe a non airsoft event....? ;) LOL).

Matt.... one day..... :)

hehe

Londonrampage
12th February 2013, 12:06 AM
Toby and I arrived about 0730 on Saturday and getting in was busy already. We joined the que of a couple hundred people who had payed in advance. As the doors opened we walked straight to the front payed and walked in.

Tony and crew had not quite made it at this point :p. Everybody was still setting up.

It was a great day and yep ended up buying a few bits and bobs, scope and G&G CM16 R8 from Pro

RIFT stand looked great and busy

Briman
12th February 2013, 07:33 PM

Jealous!! looks very nice you will have to have a play with it one game!!!!

Tony
12th February 2013, 07:57 PM
Briman!

Where were you at the Show ??

We missed you :*(

Briman
12th February 2013, 08:04 PM
Briman!

Where were you at the Show ??

We missed you :*(

was gutted not to be there :( couldnt face the temptation of being there and being skint!! gutted now I have seen your new toy as it looks the perfect backup for my sniper loadout!!! am already saving up ready for next years show!!!

harryc
12th February 2013, 08:34 PM
It was awesome there, I was in heaven haha so glad I went! :)
Especially since me and little Jack got ourselves a nice Kwa Glock 19 each, and seeing the bloke who does the dodgy videos from justbbguns made my day hahah :p

Topcat
12th February 2013, 09:18 PM
The weekend was an absolute awesome experience for me.
People new, old and experienced found their way to R.I.F.T's perfectly placed stand.
Real steel retailers & hunters asking "How can we cross into Airsoft" wow serious buzz!
Tony standing infront of cameras ..Stills & Videos, retailers , maunfacturers all making their introductions, offering up their products.

For me it was a comment made by a man who later turned out to be the owner of a new site local to Comms. . "Oh so your R.I.F.T. I've heard a lot about you". Priceless moment (o' and being the one volunteered to interupt Tony everytime someone new came to speak with him) ;)

A huge thankyou to the Guy's and Gal's that came up to say 'Hi' & give us support.
Thanks to Nev and his Team from Pro Airsoft for making this possible. .And almost letting me leave with the luvly HK416 ' Nev Custom'

Fenboy
2nd April 2013, 08:41 AM
Only just spotted this handsome chap on YouTube (Apparently, it was 'this big'): :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kebb4UtvZiQ

Topcat
4th April 2013, 09:15 AM
loving the 'twitchy' eyebrows ....:p

Tony
4th April 2013, 11:35 AM
*runs and hides* :p