PDA

View Full Version : 3rd March - how was your day?

Dazz666
3rd March 2013, 08:05 PM
Hi All,

Really enjoyed it today. Being our first time at the site we found everyone helpful and friendly, always a good sign. Nice to meet a few people and put faces to names.

Site was a bit smaller than expected but there's certain areas used well, lots of mayhem in the centre buildings and had some great firefights from that bunker house rooftop.

Had some great one to one firefights with the local snipers too which was fun.

We did get a bit upset.... As the day went on it seemed like everywhere we went, the opposition in the opposite direction. Towards mid afternoon we went on the hunt ;)

We have different styles of play, we can be patient but then we can be aggressive, working best in twos or threes. Most people don't expect a sniper to rush at someone with an AEG :)

Hopefully us lads from ASPUk have shown what a tuned and upgraded rifle can do. If you need any advice just get in touch.

Anyways... How was your day?

Sam aspuktec
3rd March 2013, 08:26 PM
Great day today really enjoyed myself, as Daz said very enjoyable and very friendly players and marshals, the site is lovley and has Major potential will be nice to come back in summer and see how it looks diffrent,. I must apologise to the blokes scope I smashed with the. 4 at 50 metres, I am truly sorry. Hope to back soon thanks guys keep up the good work

Maverick
3rd March 2013, 08:27 PM
Want to start of and say what a absolute great day at RIFT today !
Usually I play at Finmere (also woodland site) and did think that size of site at Rift might become a problem ... I was wrong, first part of the day always starts out with the briefing and was really impressed how Tony and his team stood out in the manner of making everyone welcome and also initiating new members to there site

Great thought was put into every game just anuff for the sneaky ones and then some for the pick up a gun and run at the enemy

Heard at end about hit taking was problem in my eyes not that much and if I did see it then benifit of the doubt was given (we are only shooting plastic balls at each other and range can be mis judged )

I will be coming back to this site as I was very impressed with layout and games (wish we used a few more of the buildings ) but hey next time !

Racked up quite a few kills today with the M60 and went through a small foutune of bbs ;)

Thanks to tony and all the marshals for making today what it was

See you all soon

Lewis

Fenboy
3rd March 2013, 08:46 PM
Out of the 9 or 10 times that I have played at R.I.F.T, I have never had a bad day and I always come home with a smile! :cool:

Playing with and against the ASPUK guys was awesome. We had some great fire fights during the day and were going scope to scope at some points! Annoyingly, after they defected to the Blues (booooo) they seemed to have the upper hand, including those 'where the f*** did the come from' thud on the shoulder, knee, nuts and other body parts :p

Looking forward to the 17th already!! M

UltimateKaos
3rd March 2013, 08:47 PM
Couldn't agree more with the comments above. Had a great day on site and thought the use of the space was awesome. Good variety to the games and the landscape has loads of good vantage points which saw many decent battles. In particular I loved the drug (sugar) game. Not too complex but good fun and the blue team had some good squads with decent tactics. The warm up game was good fun and really got everyone going.

Tony and his team did a great job of getting everyone going even when some people took a while longer to get sorted. Enthusiastic and fun atmosphere always helps to improve the day. Like the touch of RIFT badges for members, will be signing up and will defo be back soon. ;)

PS - I also heard the rumour about hit taking. Saw a couple of hits that were ignored but in general I had no issues, thought people were pretty honest. Lots of ricochet hits and with a big group on site, impossible for marshals to see it all...

WELL DONE RIFT !!! ;)

Neil

Lisa (Booge)
3rd March 2013, 09:13 PM
Heyy everyone!! As always had a great day at RIFT :D
Got to meet a bunch of new people.. And shoot most of them! :p
Marshals were awesome as usual, liked the drug game and how well blue team worked!!
Intense gaming due to the large amount of people... All the more fun ;)
See you all soon xx

jorox1
3rd March 2013, 09:13 PM
Wanted to say thanks to everyone for a good day, think we have a lucky mascot.. Aka Maximus the horse. :) a big thank you for the donations I received today for the London marathon. :D
Got to meet lots of new people and get some awesome shots in!! :D Impressed with all the team work on blues, communication was brilliant and think we all worked well together. n well done to the reds.
Mojo xx

Cold-War-Charlie
3rd March 2013, 09:40 PM
I really enjoyed today and brought 2 new players who agreed. Thank you to all the players and marshals who made it a great day.

Tank
4th March 2013, 08:31 AM
Once again, I had a brilliant day at com site 3.
Plenty of action was to be had (and this time I didn't hide behind a skinny tree lol)
Saw plenty of team work and some brilliant kills, especially by the ASPUK guys with the impressive sniping skills. I literally just saw one of them then promptly got hit in the hand.
Also the marshalling was top notch again.

Was good to see all the old faces and also a lot of new faces and cant wait for the next game.

Briman
4th March 2013, 10:41 AM
fantastic days softing as always!!

Enjoyed meeting new people and was amazed by the skills of the ASPUk guys.

Had great fun running round with my new toy and playing a couple of pistol only games.

The new game scenarios were awesome and well thought out. The bomb game (with epic pyro loudness) was fantastic and am looking forward to playing that again. Both teams fought well, was amazed by the skill and aggression of the blue team in the first game (drug game) were they held us back and eventually pushed us into a tiny little corner and pretty much said 'you aint going any further than this'!!! although as the day went on the reds pushed harder and harder and during the bomb game were so close to completely kicking blues out of the building.

Can't wait for the weekender so we can do this again 2 days in a row with a good drink during the camp out looking forward to Dans epic mafia games when a little tipsy and just some time to hang out with all the great people who come to RIFT!!!

B

Lewbear
4th March 2013, 11:18 AM
First ever time marshalling so I was abit nervous with the amount of people at the site! But overall... I loved it!! Was great to see how games are played from a different view.

Saw some amazing kills, crazy runs and also some people who have no fear! Lol

Thanks for the day!

Lewbear!

GarfyB
4th March 2013, 12:12 PM
Well, firstly, it's no secret that I'm not a fan of big numbers (regardless of which site) - that's just my personal preference - but I'm game for anything, so came along open minded. There's no doubt that the large numbers changed the dynamics of the site and the games played, and where I'd normally play sneaky beaky and outflank, I had change by style to suit and get stuck in, and boy, did I have some proper, full-on, awesome battles! It was simply a case of having to fight hard!

I had a few instances of non-hit taking, as you would with any site with new players (either new to the site or new to the sport), but it wasn't out of proportion for the numbers on the day, compared to any other site I've played at up and down the country. And even when I did have a problem (once I was actually dropping short, and twice the player 'wasn't feeling them'), the marshals were on hand and deal with the issue with little fuss. Spot on in my book!

Met loads of new players, including the ASPUk guys, who I enjoyed a good bit of banter with in the afternoon. I was next to the pump house whilst the ASPUk guys were on top of it, and after I took out two snipers on the Red team I got a bit cocky saying how much superior my AEG was compared to their sniper rifles (joking), only to be shot by the red's as I said that! Doh! ....and then the banter flowed! :D

Apart from managing to break a couple of guns I had a great day. Top marks to Tony and the crew for being great hosts. Can't wait for the next game.

7.5/10 overall from me! :)

GBBR_man
4th March 2013, 03:29 PM
From my point of view it was a good day but slightly let down by hit taking. But to be fair to Tony you always get that at any site and with 100+ players on site it will happen. It was nice to see a positive attitude being taken towards non hit taking and the marshalls where on it.

My only winge of the day is i think 100 players was to many to be honest, the car parking was just to full and there was no part of the site (apart from the hedge) where i could be sneeky sneeky.

I enjoyed the new games, the drug game worked well but maybe spread the drugs between more locations. Make people use more of the site and more of the bunkers.

On the note of the site the extra portaloos where a brilliant bonus although it seemed one was out of commission by a certain time. It is really nice to see a site growing and developing and a massive thanks to Tony for that. To may sites stay stagnate and don't change. For me this is where Tonys years of experience as a player show through.

I think all the marshalls have a firm but fair attitude which is nice to see and here. Terry appologies for calling no kill on that grenade, i thought you where busy dealing with something else.

As for our friends Darren and Sam they gave us a very good demonstration of what a good effective sniper team can do and thank you guys for it. Its always nice to see you playing rather than marshaling. I herd Sam saying he went through nearly 1000 bbs in the day which was amazing going. Certainly every time i saw you in the respawn in the morning you where reloading.

To end it all i will say a big thank you to Tony again for a wonderful day. Your attitude is brilliant and thats why people come back. Who would have thought after 9 months a site would see 100 people turn up. I know of sites that have been going 9 years + and would be in shock if that many ever turned up. I know you mentioned you had to turn away a large group of players and that says something. Words is getting around about the site and its thanks to your hard work and dedication.

Tony i hope you did not mind me jumping in to get those two rentals back out into the game.

Topcat
4th March 2013, 03:51 PM
Oliver, No need to apologies. It was the correct call & your reason for doing so was warranted.
I was aware of the grenade and its trajectory...I was taking some action shots of you and your fellow RED team players.

snook
4th March 2013, 08:09 PM
Hello all
I had a great day thanks to all ,thanks to tony and co
See you all soon

Hazel
4th March 2013, 08:14 PM
Bless you Briman:). Sooo looking forward to the weekender! Such great people...... Gunna be a fantastic weekend! Lots planned for u all!! X
Book in now ! .... Oohps Briman no.1!!!! Lol

Hazel
4th March 2013, 08:25 PM
Glad to see you are booked in for Sun?, AND Ashley! Missed you Ash!!! Thanks for the feedback! Think Tonys thinking of capping site at lower numbers! .....theory..... Quality rather than quantity!!! :) see you both soon

GBBR_man
4th March 2013, 09:07 PM
Oliver, No need to apologies. It was the correct call & your reason for doing so was warranted.
I was aware of the grenade and its trajectory...I was taking some action shots of you and your fellow RED team players.

It was a close call, i reacon another half meter and id have taken it. So often the way with grenades though.

Cold War Suzi
4th March 2013, 09:33 PM
Hi Guys
I really enjoyed the day, it's a great site and run by such lovely friendly people. One word of warning though, if someone introduces himself as 'Mad Dog' (or mad something anyway) and suggests that you follow him for a suicide run.......................... do it! Brilliant fun, got completely laced and I have the bruises to prove it but I loved it! :-D
See you soon

UltimateKaos
4th March 2013, 11:58 PM
Great photos... always nice to have some shots and difficult to take when your pinned down haha... Thanks :D

Fenboy
5th March 2013, 09:37 AM
I have started to put up some screen shots on my FB page:

Clicky (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200958510951747.1073741825.1435390785&type=1&l=08b5b563ec)

and hope to start editing my videos lunchtime/tonight #NotEnoughHoursInTheDay

Matt

**EDIT: I stole a lot of photos from here too..... :p

Tank
5th March 2013, 01:17 PM
There are some brilliant photos there.

Fenboy
5th March 2013, 08:17 PM
First couple of videos are up on my channel (Red team, drug game) in this playlist:

Click me >>> Com's 3 Playlist 3rd March 2013 (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-truYVP6wwaysxVs1QOu0omDrKILOrcc)

Here is the first video:

http://youtu.be/35G2jxm0ot0

Enjoy!!

Tony
5th March 2013, 10:03 PM
Great Vids Fenboy :)

Stevie showed me the Shrubbery Videos - LoL!

Fenboy
5th March 2013, 10:14 PM
Great Vids Fenboy :)

Stevie showed me the Shrubbery Videos - LoL!

LOL, Cheers Tony. Just realised that I balls'd up the 3rd one so, had to take it down and re-doing it now (too many F-bombs slipped through the net...)

Fenboy
6th March 2013, 01:27 PM
Parts 3 and 4 added to playlist for game 2:

CLICK (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-truYVP6wwaysxVs1QOu0omDrKILOrcc)

Tony
6th March 2013, 03:59 PM
Video 4 clearly shows that at this time of year we must have more natural defenses in place....

During the Summer - its lush green and you can drop to a knee to hide.

Lots of trees have been removed by request of the land owner to allow more light during Summer - doesn't help us much does it??

The next build day will be walking that area and building it up!

Thanks Fenboy :D

Tony
7th March 2013, 07:48 AM
WoW!

What a lovely bunch of "Softers" :D

http://riftairsoft.com/images/articleimages/Red%20&%20Blue%20Team!.jpg

Fenboy
7th March 2013, 12:17 PM
^^^^ EPIC!!!:cool:

I have added the videos from (I think?!?!) the total control game - never actually saw a flag.... as in the same place for all the game!

Anyhoo, the 'bleep' machine was on overtime in these vids, :o

There were some awesome kills (one shot one kill and all that.... even if I do say so myself) and good play from both sides.

Here is link (hopefully) to the first vid of game 2 in my playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mgaf1p4hDA&list=PL-truYVP6wwaysxVs1QOu0omDrKILOrcc&index=5

Enjoy!

Tony
7th March 2013, 01:50 PM
Great Vid there Matt :)

That MP5 certainly chucks a ball!!! :D

SneakyPete-UK
7th March 2013, 04:10 PM
Lady's and gental men

Thank you all for a fantastic day, it was a very frustrating day too because of those bloody Snipers and that's coming from a sniper!
Loved the site can't wait until the summer as I could see the potential with some cover.
Lost count of how many times I got hit, including from a young lady on my own team, video to follow.

Aspuk snipers beware
Buy a TM VSR Gspec - Done thanks to Fenboy and his mate Barry
Make contact with Aspuk for upgrade parts - that's next
Then hopefully I can take out the Aspuk snipers next time :-)

Video mash up of the warm up game

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=25snHO9hXMk

Tony
7th March 2013, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the nice comments Pete!

I'm glad you like the site - we have lots of plans for the future! :D

Look how lovely it looks in the summer!

:cool:

http://riftairsoft.com/images/articleimages/b4after.jpg

clay
7th March 2013, 09:02 PM
Had a really great day. thanks to Tony and all the RIFT staff and another to all that took part. may have gotten carried away with my piro and smokes tho as only came home with one smoke grenade lol. still don't believe how far we pushed the reds back in some of the games and I got to use my new pistal yay :D

the next time I will see you all is at the weekender as I can't afford anymore this month :(

will post a link for my vids when there all up

Fenboy
7th March 2013, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the nice comments Pete!

I'm glad you like the site - we have lots of plans for the future! :D

Look how lovely it looks in the summer!

:cool:

http://riftairsoft.com/images/articleimages/b4after.jpg

Wow, that is insane! I can't wait for the greenery to arrive. Funnily enough, I was just with Pete and Rich talking about how much the site could green up and that pic demonstrates it nicely.

Maverick
8th March 2013, 08:20 AM
These are quality videos !!
Been showing to friends to show them some of rifts layout (even if that yellow skip keeps popping up :) )

Great stuff !

Fenboy
8th March 2013, 08:24 AM
^^^^ Cheers dude!!:cool:

Swordfish
8th March 2013, 12:28 PM
Don't knock the tactical skip. We'd have been lost without it to hide behind all day :D

Fenboy
8th March 2013, 12:35 PM
It has mystical powers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Maverick
8th March 2013, 01:22 PM
So next time I see you guys you should be kicking the latest yellow camo ! ??

Fenboy
8th March 2013, 01:29 PM
So next time I see you guys you should be kicking the latest yellow camo ! ??

Yep ;)

>>>Yellow camo<<< (http://themankini.com/yellow.html)

Maverick
8th March 2013, 01:38 PM
Haha ! That's going to be one painful day airsofting !!

Maverick
8th March 2013, 01:48 PM
Or have non hit takers wear one :)

Fenboy
8th March 2013, 01:50 PM
Or have non hit takers wear one :)

Yeah, what are all those red marks then?? LOL

Tank
8th March 2013, 01:58 PM
That is one wrong image fenboy

Topcat
8th March 2013, 04:40 PM
Yep ;)

>>>Yellow camo<<< (http://themankini.com/yellow.html)

WRONG ...SO WRONG pmsl...where would you put your mags..

Fenboy
8th March 2013, 04:42 PM
WRONG ...SO WRONG pmsl...where would you put your mags..

You could sew some elastic straps on the inside of the uprighty bits or failing that, just use a chuffin big box mag!!

Topcat
8th March 2013, 04:51 PM
some how the sentiment maybe right but NO!!!!!!! lol

Helgarin
8th March 2013, 05:06 PM
Hey all!

A bit late to the thread but I thought I would add my two pennies into the pot.

First off if you are subscribed to my channel *hint hint :P* I have uploaded a lot of the videos from the day as they were pretty much filmed. With the exception of some partial edits to cut out all the walking from the respawn and back it is all there! I have also set all the videos into a playlist shown in the URL below -

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcoe5alFncr-xOzUo2G0HKng2lGUZon-Q

Hope you guys enjoy them!

On the day...What is there to say that hasn't been said?

Brilliant day as always and top kudos to the blue team for great teamwork and communication between one another! And the snipers playing on the day....damnnnnnnn! :eek: :o
I must say though - I felt that some engagements reached a stalemate at points. I had already mentioned this to Tony but maybe when games play out like this perhaps a time limited objective could be added to either sides of the field to help stimulate movement?

Or maybe...though a little controversial...add airstrike capabilities? Whereas a enemy could be hunkered down at a defence point for over 10 minutes, a strike could be called on them to vacate the strike area. So the team in defence would be forced to either retreat or attack.

Just a little something to put out there onto the table! :)

Nevertheless it was always a lot of fun and a good atmosphere to involve yourself in after a weeks worth of work!

Thank you to all the Guys'n'Gals at RIFT for your time and should hopefully see you all a little into April! :)

P.S, I'm sorry for throwing the thermobaric into a house full of friendlies...we were told that there were reds in there....:(

P.P.S, And sorry about those two grenades on the first game - I wasn't listening at all at the start :(

clay
9th March 2013, 03:16 PM
ok all my vids are done here is the link for the play list for the day!!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL56J4yQt4lCA8n6yYMAkEz9Gc1GFFDBoT

heres a taster :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko7JjYGovgU

SneakyPete-UK
10th March 2013, 12:25 PM
A "My hits video", Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aj8IBYyB3Y

Fenboy
10th March 2013, 01:22 PM
A "My hits video", Enjoy

Well worth a watch peeps! Had me in stitches/tears down my face.... :o

You could have cut out my limp wristed smoke throw!

M

GarfyB
10th March 2013, 04:20 PM
Great clip! Love it!

Fenboy
10th March 2013, 04:35 PM
The 'oldies' making a run for the pump house: ;)

http://youtu.be/hlRdv02iVgQ

SneakyPete-UK
10th March 2013, 04:42 PM
The 'oldies' making a run for the pump house: ;)

http://youtu.be/hlRdv02iVgQ

Fenboy, did you see how much room you took up!
I say chop his legs off at the knees :-)

And before Fatboy says it, yes Fenboy will still be taller :p

Funny mate, look at how much fun we had :D

Fenboy
10th March 2013, 06:12 PM
Fenboy, did you see how much room you took up!
I say chop his legs off at the knees :-)

And before Fatboy says it, yes Fenboy will still be taller :p

Funny mate, look at how much fun we had :D

LOL, it was a cracking day!!