Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    As ever a realy good day and a real blast. I didnt have any trouble with hit taking and everyone was honest that i shot. Keep up the good work tony and dont change anything.

As for the Hazard team i wasnt a big fan, i think the sites to small for them to work properly. Ive seen the idea done at other sites on themed days where you can bribe them with in game loot / money to help your team out which is fun.

Im glad to hear JoJo raised so much with the water balloons for her charity, its a worthwhile cause and everyone who took part seemed to enjoy it. Monkey boy was crazy but sporting which is nice to see. I believe Dom had the video camera rolling and i hope mine captured it. Can i make a suggestion though if you do it again dont let us guys with high power guns so close, i know even the ricochets hurt.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftbyOliver - Gameplay, how tos and more.

Subscribed Member
    I thought yesterday, on balance, was a great day.

I was really open minded about the Hazard Team being incorporated into the games and, to start off with, it was fun not knowing who was where and having to be on my toes, but as the day went on I started to go off the idea.

Before the bunker and field section was opened up, and with the usual tried and tested Com's 3 games, there was the odd occasion when games came to a grinding halt as both teams dug in and attempted to battle it out over an objective. However, with the new bunker and field section opened up, and with a cap of 80 players, I believe - after the last couple of weekends - that the stalemate's we experienced before will be very rare as the site now offers flanking maneuvers, therefore, there won't be the need for a team, such as the Hazard Team, to 'mix things up'.
    Was it fun and interesting ? Yes, to begin with, but then there were instances when the Red team fought hard to get to the top (entrance) end of the site by pushing the Blues and Hazard Team back, only to have the hazard Team re-gen behind us and shoot us all in the back, which happened twice. I did get a little frustrated, but could see it wasn't anyone's fault, it was just the way things worked out.

And on the subject of trying things out; It's soooooo refreshing to play at a site where those that run it aren't afraid to try out something new. Sometimes ideas work, sometimes they don't, but it's the forward thinking that brings me back to RIFT time and time again!

Generally the day went well, though I had to leave early due to 'poorly-dog' babysitting commitments (and the Chelsea kickoff at 4pm), but all in all I had a great day.
    Hit taking, across the board, was very, very good, apart from one person (who I don't think I've seen/met before) who's description went round the safe zone pretty quickly and who I believe was pointed out to the marshals later in the day. My GoPro, which was left inside the house, picked up on and confirmed one instance.

So, 8/10 from me. It would've been an 9/10 if it wasn't for the Hazard Team idea, but then I really do appreciate these/any ideas have to be tried.

Garfy.

Subscribed Member
    Brilliant day as per usual . Red team where on form and I was glad to be part of them with my two sons perry and Tyler ( the little ****) laughed my ass off defending the kill house especialy when the grenade dropped through the hole in the wall and deafened us all and **** the life out of tank who received the brunt of it .
    Am finally a member now along with Tyler . So gonna wear the shields with pride .
    As for the hazard team . Not bothered either way , more people too shoot at as far as I am concerned and throw grenades at .

Such kind and honest comments - Thank you!

Hazard Team was an idea to spice things up and add extra excitement to "familiar" games we run from time to time.

I think 6 Hazard Team Members should have been the maximum (rather than 12) but overall it was a great effort by all of the Team and I think it went well......

Will Hazard Team return? Not likely!

We will always look to add new concepts and change scenarios, props and land cover to give you all a great experience!

Your feedback and comments are of course very very valuable to us at R.I.F.T. and we always listen and adapt where possible!

I'm glad you all had a great day and I would like to thank you all again for coming along and supporting R.I.F.T. Airsoft!

I met some new faces on Sunday - VERY warm Welcome to you!

*Group Hug*

Tony!

R.I.F.T. Airsoft ANTI CHEAT AWARENESS!
    Cheats RUIN Other People's Day! Don't Do It!

We have individual Facebook Pages for Each Site!
    Tony's Facebook Page
    REDCON-2 (Abingdon) Facebook Page
    The BATTERY (indoor Site) ESSEX Facebook Page
    The BOMB DUMP Facebook Page

COMS SITE 3 Facebook Page
    ** Currently CLOSED for HS2 works **

Thanks for yesterday Tony. enjoyed marshalling quite a bit. Hope the pics are okay. saw some great fire fights around the house and them grenades in the 3rd game, I could still hear bells ringing at the safe zone. glad the weather held off till the end of the day. would have so loved to have been apart of the Hazard team!!!.

speak to you all soon, hope the vans okay

Pictures are fantastic and will all be uploaded Tuesday

Tony's Facebook Page

Looking forward to seeing the photos

Subscribed Member
    Just want to say a massive thank you as always to all the RIFT staff members. Today was epic as always and that is hugely down to the game organising as well as the players. Everything was spot on with only a couple of hit taking issues but on the whole it was spot on. Looking forward to getting back ASAP. Hazard team was a laugh. Definitely made you appreciate the rolling regen rule and the larger player numbers. But was a brilliant idea just ashame it didn't work too well. Was great to see some of the guys from finmere I was talking to on easter sunday down (jim ) glad you enjoyed it. Look forward to seeing you all soon

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by s.hart90 View Post
    Just want to say a massive thank you as always to all the RIFT staff members. Today was epic as always and that is hugely down to the game organising as well as the players. Everything was spot on with only a couple of hit taking issues but on the whole it was spot on. Looking forward to getting back ASAP. Hazard team was a laugh. Definitely made you appreciate the rolling regen rule and the larger player numbers. But was a brilliant idea just ashame it didn't work too well. Was great to see some of the guys from finmere I was talking to on easter sunday down (jim ) glad you enjoyed it. Look forward to seeing you all soon

Scott
    Once again it was an absolute pleasure and everyone at RIFT made me feel very much at home. Upon closer inspection I am still literally covered in welts, I look like I have chicken pox!

Pictures are now ready to view!

Take a look at the Homepage for links!

Thank you all - you make me proud!

Tony's Facebook Page